Monday, May 14, 2007

Unevent-FULL

Evident on my profile pic (which was taken just a week ago,) I am slowly gaining weight. This alone is a cause for celebration since time immemorial I've always wanted to gain weight but because I've fast metabolism, regardless of how much food I eat, I would easily burn the fat just by sittin' and watchin' DVDs. However, since I took these Chinese pills that every skinny person in the office is taking, I have slowly gain weight and have been eating like crazy! I have to buy and eat every after 2 hours! Im thinking that the people at 7/11 are already either thinking that Im donating all the food that Im buying from them or that I'm "panic-buying" for a typoon that's bound to happen soon.

Unlike before when I would get hungry but didn't have enough time to get a decent lunch, I just have to divert my attention on something else and before i know it, lunchtime has already passed. But its just been totally diff these days. It's like a voice in my stomach annoyingly chants "feed me.. feed me... feed me" until I can't help but finally scream "STOP" and get myself something to munch on or better yet stuff myself with a heavy meal so that the "voice" wouldn't have to bother me every so often. The other side-effects of taking the pill is that its makes my body sore on some days. I feel like every single bone in my body is being stretched since Im putting on weight-but nothin that a mefenamic acid wouldn't relieve.

I remember it was my rest day and I decided to have my lunch at a canteen beside my apartment (manang makes a mean grilled-squid.) All of the other people taking their lunch at the canteen were construction workers (MMDA was re-aligning pipelines near my apartment.) After all of us were through with our lunch, I scanned the tables of the construction workers and saw that most of them only had 2 cups of rice (empty cups on the table) and a single viand. I was seriously embarrassed when almost all of them stared at my table all at the same time and saw that I had 4 empty rice cups, 2 saucers of viand, 1 large bowl of soup, 1 grill plate and a rice plate. - bakit ba?! ako nagbuhat ng mga pipes na nire-align nyo! Walang pakialamanan!!!

No comments: