Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Mahal

I remember how a lot of people used to ask me "why am I still single" or my friends who really know me - "why do I play around a lot?" I always have one ready answer to their questions - "I haven't found anyone worth committing to yet." but all of these have changed when I met "mahal" (argh!!! Corny!)

I always thought I'd never find someone whom I can converse with on the same "wavelength." Or kung meron man, lacks the physical attributes. Or it's the other way around... I thought Im forever doomed to be alone kasi ang dami kong hinahanap na katangian. In fact I remember someone who told me before, "you can never find someone THAT perfect." But I always kept a little faith in me that someday, somehow, someone destined for me will eventually come my way.

I wasn't wrong one bit. Finally, I found the right person. I know that saying this might be too soon and I cant even assume that we'd last for a long time since we are totally of different interests and personalities. Mahilig ako sa nightlife, mahal prefers to stay home. Mahilig ako sa seafoods, mahal can't eat anything else but pork. I tend to be more open, provocative and exhibitionist but mahal is more cautious and introvert. But Im gonna make this relationship work out. That means less or no nightlife, no flirting and definitely no playing around. But if I have to do all this just so our relationship will last then, what the heck - I'd give up all of these for mahal! I've always been the dominant one in a relationship but with "mahal" its totally different. Napa-umaya ako kumbaga bisan makaharangit na! What's even weird is that Im the older one by 5 years but "mahal" is more mature in facing and handling situations. Well, ok may mga immature moments, petty quarrels and awkward situations din but nothing that can't be remedied by a kiss. At syempre, isipin ko na lang na mas matanda ako kaya ako kailangan mag-adjust. Or minsan may mga times na nakakabuwisit din na gusto mong sapakin nalang pero isang ngiti lang at lambing - phoooft! Wala na inis ko!

I can say - I am totally happy right now! On the other hand though, I am scared. Scared that I might wake up one day and find that these have all been a dream. Scared that I'd find out I've been living in a fantasy world all along and scared that all of these were a lie. I have prepared myself for the worst to happen yet amidst all these hesitations and doubts I am keeping a little bit of faith, that same faith that led me to "mahal."

No comments: